A mini (3x2.5 inch) book with a vintage bird illustration (Audubon's warbler) on the front. In all projects I try to reuse as much as possible with most of my materials being recycled or thrifted.
- cover board is made from leftover packing material
- cover paper was from a book upcycled
- binding thread are thrifted
- inside paper is 30% post consumer recycled cream paper (Strathmore 24lb writing)
- inside cover paper is Kraft cardstock 100% post consumer recycled
- green thread to bind the book is coated with local Ontario beeswax.
What is 30% post consumer recycled?
Post-consumer recycled paper is paper recycled using waste from the public instead of the industry (which never gets to the consumer and is called pre-consumer recycled). This is paper coming straight from your home recycling bin or office instead of going to the landfill. Pre-consumer waste is considered not as environmentally friendly in comparison because this was never in danger of being put into the landfill as much so. Industries are keen to divert waste (factory floor trimmings, rejects, and scraps) and use/sell as much of their by-product as possible.
Something that says 100% recycled can be a combination of pre and post consumer waste, just pre consumer waste, or just post-consumer. Most things with post-consumer are more likely to say and identify that they have used it, because it is more advantageous to do so than with pre-consumer.
We ship all books in recycled cardboard boxes (minis in bubble mailers) so your items will arrive in perfect condition. Items are shipped via regular post within Canada and with AirMail for USA and International orders unless said otherwise.